Skin Rejuvenation / IPL Therapy
Woman Laser Treatments
- PHOTOFACIAL – $290
- FACE & NECK – $340
- FACE, NECK, & CHEST – $360
- HANDS – $90
- PKG OF THREE (PHOTOFACIAL) – $699
What is IPL Therapy?
Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy, also known as “photofacial”, is a non-surgical treatment that uses light to improve the tone and texture of your skin, resulting in a picture-perfect complexion!
How Does IPL Therapy Work?
IPL is attracted to pigment in the skin, meaning it targets hyperpigmentation (dark spots) due to age, trauma, or sun damage and also diminishes redness in the skin associated with Rosacea and broken capillaries.
How Does IPL Therapy Differ From Laser Therapy?
IPL therapy and Laser Technology are similar treatments, as they are both light-based procedures that can treat a wide range of skin conditions.
However, IPL Therapy uses a broad spectrum of pulsed light wavelengths to cover a large surface area of skin, while Laser Therapy targets specific areas of the skin.
What Can IPL Therapy Treat?
IPL Therapy is known to treat Rosacea, redness, sun damage, age spots, birthmarks, freckles, acne, acne scarring, Melasma, broken capillaries, and more!
How Should I Prepare for IPL Therapy?
For the best results, avoid tanning beds and sun exposure for at least 4 weeks before your initial IPL treatment, as UV ray exposure will interfere with your IPL Therapy and damage your skin. It is also important to avoid vigorous exfoliation, waxing, hair removal creams, and applying other potential irritants (heavy lotions, perfume, makeup, etc.) to your skin before visiting the office.
What Does IPL Therapy Feel Like?
IPL should not be overly painful, but it can feel like a rubber band snapping against your skin.
When will I see Results After IPL Therapy?
Although your skin may look and feel like you’ve developed a sunburn, improvement in your complexion may be seen immediately after your first treatment. However, most people need three to seven treatments to achieve the exact results that they want. Irritation is to be expected, but in most cases is mild and resolves quickly.
How Should I Care for My Skin After IPL Therapy?
While you recover, it is extremely important to avoid sun exposure as much as possible and use sunscreen regularly, reapplying at least once every two hours.
Pre-Treatment IPL Instructions:
- Prior to treatment, clean the treatment area. The area should be free of make-up, creams, lotions, or perfumes. Male patients should shave just prior to treatment as the pigment in your beard could increase discomfort.
- Discontinue sun exposure or use of tanning beds as well as any sunless tanning products one-month prior to treatment.
- Always use SPF 30 or greater on exposed treatment areas. Wear protective hats and clothing.
- Discontinue the use of exfoliating creams, such as retinols or Retin-A, 1 week prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes outbreaks in the treatment area(s), a prescribed medication, like Valtrex, is recommended for one week prior to the treatment to help prevent an outbreak
Patients will need to have the following on hand:
- A mild cleanser
- A high-quality sunblock SPF 30 (zinc and/or titanium dioxide of 10% or more)
- A good moisturizer
For discomfort, an over-the-counter Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen can be used. If an open area occurs or if the treatment area is inadvertently picked, an antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin can be applied.
Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL) Contraindications:
- NO – pregnant or nursing
- NO – Accutane use within the past 6 months
- NO- Use of medications that can cause photosensitivity, such as antimicrobials, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, diuretics, and chemotherapeutic agents (Check medication label).
- NO- currently suffering from skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, rosacea, eczema, open wounds
- Blood transmittable diseases such as hepatitis or HIV
- Currently treating skin cancer
- Have a history of hypo- or hyper-pigmentation or keloid formation
- Cannot be currently undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
Aftercare for Laser Treatments
Erbium Yag Aftercare
Hair Removal Aftercare
Tattoo Removal Aftercare
Post Leg Vein Treatment Aftercare