Erbium Yag Aftercare
Erbium Yag Aftercare Instructions
Expectations Following Treatment
A cooling lotion or soothing gel may be used after Erbium Yag treatments.
- It is important to protect your skin from environmental elements; therefore, a lotion with a SPF protection of at least 30 should be used daily.
- A few days post procedure, patients will experience mild peeling of the skin. The peeling is similar to the effects of sunburn. Continue to follow the skin care regimen offered by your physician. Do not pick at the peeling skin, as it may lead to scarring.
Proper skin care is important to protect the new refreshed skin. Your physician will discuss a proper skincare regimen following your Erbium Yag treatment.
- Clean the treated area daily with a mild cleanser. Apply a thin layer of mild moisturizer to the area several times a day until evidence of dryness, blistering or swelling has dissipated.
- Shower as usual but be aware that the treated area may be a little temperature sensitive.
- Avoid chlorine, hot tubs and swimming pools during the treatment program.
- Avoid direct contact in the sun during your treatment program. Always use a topical sun protection of SPF 30.
- Avoid the use of exfoliants, loofah sponges and aggressive scrubbing to the treated areas.
- Avoid exposure to the sun and tanning beds for 30 days prior to the treatment.
- Do not rub, scratch or pick at the treated area. Treat the area gently. Pat skin dry after bathing or showering. An antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin may be applied. Neosporin and Polysporin are not recommended.
- Makeup may be applied over the treated area 24 hours after the treatment
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 48-hours after the procedure.
- If patients have any questions, please call our office.
Aftercare for Additional Services
- Carbon Laser Peel Aftercare
- Custom Spray Tan Aftercare
- Henna Eyebrows Aftercare
- Hyaluronic Lip Infusion Aftercare
- Lash Extension Aftercare
- Lash Lift & Tint Aftercare
- Lip Blushing Aftercare
- Microblading Aftercare
- Microneedling Aftercare
- Ombre Powdered Eyebrows Aftercare
- Permanent Eyeliner Aftercare
- Skin Resurfacing Aftercare
- Tattoo Removal Aftercare
- Vascular Reduction Aftercare