Precare and Aftercare
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
THE DAY OF THE TREATMENT:
Gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every 5 minutes for the full day until oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymph.
Days 1-7: Wash
Wash daily to remove bacteria and dead skin. (Don’t worry….THIS DOES NOT REMOVE THE PIGMENT!)
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap like Dial Soap, Cetaphil or Neutrogena. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or any exfoliants.
Days 1-7 Moisturize
Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment that we provide you with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing or even pull the ink out. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. Never put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
- Use a fresh pillowcase
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your microblading procedure!
August 10th, 2017